2 x individual video lessons and 1 x final quiz
Certificate of Completion
You can download a personalised CPD/CEU certificate after completing the quiz.
Horses with behaviour problems often end up in rescue, pass through the hands of numerous owners, or are sold at auctions where they may be purchased for meat. The horse's behaviour is also a commonly cited reason for people to seek emergency medical treatment each year. When owners and trainers have an understanding of both normal and 'abnormal' behavioural development in horses it can help mitigate such issues, while also improving horse welfare.
This course, from clinical animal behaviourist and horse behaviour consultant Lauren Fraser, is an introduction to behavioural development in horses. It will look at how the behaviour of the horse develops as both a species and individual, what behaviour problems are, and why they occur. It will also touch on what is recommended to resolve issues.
You will learn:
• How the 'Dead Horse Test' can help your understanding of behaviour
• How behaviour develops in both the species and individual
• The three 'sensitive' phases of behavioural development of the foal
• Factors during development that can impact behaviour
• Common causes for unwanted behaviour in horses
• Techniques used – and avoided – to address unwanted behaviour
and much more.
This course is aimed at horse owners, students and equestrian professionals interested in learning about horse behaviour. You don't need to have any prior knowledge of horse behaviour to take this course.
Once enrolled you have 30 days to complete the course.